Friday, June 6, 2014

Sharon

Hello again dear readers!

A New Study :D



So a couple weeks ago I was working my very block and came across 2 young moms seated under a mango tree. I gave my presentation and played the "Why Study the Bible?" video found on jw.org for them and offered the study. The one gave me little attention, barely a nod and a 'hmm' but the other took the lead in responding and participating in the conversation and accepted a study. I went back the next week but she was out. I tried again the following week, yesterday, but she was out again, her husband said she would be back that afternoon so I said I'd come back. When I got back she said she had just remembered we had made an appointment and rushed home only to find out that I'd already come by. She gathered some chairs for us while she took the lesser position and sat on the bench under the mango tree, she quickly called her son over, about 4, to listen in too she said she wanted him to learn too and the baby sat in her lap but wasn't fussy. Funny thing, even though she's only about a block from the hall, and we've worked the territory about once a month for years, she has never had a Bible study with the Witnesses before. She said this was due to her having worked full time until recently. She just switched to a job to getting off at 2pm instead of working from 7am to 7:3opm 6 days a week. I'm happy for her, what a burden that would be. They treat Amerindian women like slaves here, the hours are grueling.  She said her mother in law is a Witness in Annai so when ever they visit her they go to the meetings. She says she likes it. It could not be any more convenient for her to attend ours. Any who she was very attentive and very bright, and YES! she commented in her own words! When we find a person that does that naturally here it is such a relief. A lot of the time they will answer straight from the book after long minutes of head down shyly pouring over the book even if they know the answer, ya know, doing the humble thing. At times you have to ask them to 'close the book and just tell me what you think'. But this one. It was her first study, the one about important questions, that we shouldn't be shy to ask them because Jesus says 'keep asking and it will be given you' she had previously wondered of all the questions mentioned before. So she's a thinker too, answers in her own words, yeah man. Oh and her children are obetient and quiet, that helps a load with mom actually getting something out of her study. It also shows shes is a mom that disciplines and controls her children. Also a rare quality in this community. So I'm exctied about her. She's smart and sweet and she's conveniently only a step out my front door! We'll see where it goes! :)

Please leave a comment if you so desire. 

Reporting from deep within Guyana's remote interior, this has been an equator news update with Cortny Vee.

Good night everyone and thanks for listening.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no. Now I have found MY new favorite blog. What an exciting study! I'm anxious to pour over your blog. All your experiences! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh no! How funny. No! Don't pour over my blog, you will bore your self! My thoughts are not even worth a penny. Your time would be much better spent puttin your head and heart and toes into another genius post of yours. I love it. If I ever come to Indiana I'd have to meet you Madam. Thnx for my 1st comment. :)

      Delete
    2. But see, my blog is just ramblings. Your blog is a peek into an avenue of theocratic service that I only dream of! I love reading your experiences! What language field are you serving in there? Just curious. And yes, if you ever find yourself in Indiana, you have a home with us! :-D

      Delete
  2. It's English speaking here, the only South Amercian Country that's primary language is English. Delightful intellectual, not ignoring the existence of Jehovah like other recreational reading, which is refreshing, and an interesting read! But ramblings? I don't consider you to ramble at all, you always have a point and it is very succinct, and your love for Jehovah comes through in every post. :)

    Thank you though. :) it's a lot easier than it seems it should be. Thnx for reading! I'm a good portion through yours now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll, thank you! Such a kind compliment! Your assignment sounds fascinating. And I must admit, I'm intrigued! You're welcome to write to me if you like. My email is jenjenvoila@gmail.com

      Delete